#SWFL1 North: Dee Vale v Dee Ladies


Dee Vale 4 – 1 Dee Ladies

Dee Vale hosted local rivals Dee Ladies in the return to league action following the mid-season break. Dee Ladies started well and it was the visitors who had the first chance in the opening minutes of the match.

A misjudged defensive header by the home side saw the striker through on goal, but Pirie in the Vale goal stood firm to make the save and McCann made up the ground to clear the loose ball.

Vale were almost the architects of their own downfall moments later when a passback error gave Dee Ladies a free kick on the corner of the six-yard box. Law cleared the resulting shot off the line and somehow Vale were able to scramble the ball clear in the ensuing melee.

The home side grew into the game and had their first good chance midway through the first half when Page was sent clear down the left, but her shot was straight at the keeper.

Murchison then hit the bar with an effort from inside the box; Fielding and Robertson contested the rebound and it looked like the defender’s touch was taking the ball in but the keeper got across to make a fantastic save to keep the scores level.

The keeper was at it again seconds later, tipping Law’s header around the post at a corner.

A sustained period of pressure from the home side followed, but the Dee Ladies stopper was in inspired form.

For all the pressure the home side had created, it was Dee Ladies who broke the deadlock and took the lead. A ball over the top found R Law who twisted and turned past two defenders to score from the edge of the area.

The visitors weren’t ahead for long though. Lind, who had been causing all sorts of problems on the right wing, was upended in the box as she prepared to cut the ball back and D Law stepped up to smash home the resulting penalty.

Dee Vale took the lead moments later when the excellent Lind again broke down the right, this time electing to take on the shot and finishing well.

HT Dee Vale 2 – 1 Dee Ladies

Vale doubled their advantage ten minutes into the second half when Donald beat the offside trap took the shot early; her effort from the edge of the box finding the bottom corner as she looked on anxiously.

A lengthy delay followed for a nasty-looking injury to one of the Dee Ladies players and both teams used the opportunity to make substitutions.

The remainder of the game was played out mainly in the centre of the park, with few chances for either side. Vale made the game safe five minutes from time when Murchison’s corner wasn’t held by the keeper and Page was on hand to prod the ball home.

The visitors had the chance to get a goal back with the last action of the match but Pirie went in bravely to save well at the feet of the onrushing attacker.

Reported by Dee Vale LFC