If you have a wellbeing or protection concern about yourself, a child, or an adult involved in Scottish Women’s Football then it is important that you tell someone about your concerns.

There are a number of ways to report a concern:

Club Child Wellbeing and Protection Officer

The first point of contact should be your club’s Child Wellbeing and Protection Officer (CWPO). The role of CWPO in football is to respond appropriately to both the concerns or worries that relate to young players at their club, and to the conduct of the officials at the club.

Every club has at least one CWPO, and you can find out who your club’s CWPO is by checking the club’s website or speaking with a coach or club official.

Scottish Women’s Football (SWF)

If you are not comfortable contacting the club directly with your concern, or you are not sure what to do, then you can report your concern to SWF directly. When a concern is reported, it will be responded to in line with the procedure set out in the Child Wellbeing & Protection Policy.

Emergency Situations

If you have an immediate concern for the safety or wellbeing of a child or young person who is being harmed, or is at risk of being harmed, then please contact Police Scotland on 101, or in the case of an emergency call 999.

External Agencies

More information on useful contacts and agencies can be found here.

Useful wellbeing contacts

Reporting a Concern

Report a Concern

Our Official Partners