Vacancy: Lead Administrator and Financial Support Officer
Scottish Women’s Football is looking for a driven and enthusiastic and organised Administration and Finance Officer to support key elements of the women’s and girls’ game. This is an exciting role for someone who loves a fast-paced environment, is a skilled administrator and wants to make a real difference to girls’ and women’s football in Scotland. While we would love to hear from anyone who feels they have what it takes, we would really like you to have a proven record in a similar or administrative role.
ROLE TITLE: Lead Administrator and Financial Support Officer
RESPONSIBLE TO: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, WELLBEING AND PROTECTION OFFICER & SCOTTISH WOMEN’S FOOTBALL BOARD
LOCATION: HYBRID WORKING BETWEEN HOME AND HAMPDEN STADIUM, LETHERBY DRIVE, GLASGOW
TERM: Full Time, permanent (some weekend working will be essential)
An exciting opportunity has emerged to join the busy Scottish Women’s Football team at what is a pivotal time for the growth of women’s and girls’ football in Scotland. We are looking for an organised and effective administrator with financial experience. We need someone who has excellent communication skills, experience of running a busy office and is equipped to help ensure effective compliance with critical issues like GDPR. The post holder will be the first point of contact with our member clubs and should come with excellent customer service skills and an ability to problem solve.
While experience of working within football would be beneficial, a strong commitment and passion to grow the game is essential.
This is an important role for SWF with the post-holder working closely with the CEO, the Wellbeing and Protection Officer (WPO), the Competitions and Operations Manager and our club and competitions officers. The post holder will be charged with ensuring SWF provides excellent service to all clubs and that each member across the SWF team and Board are providing that consistently and timeously. This role will also support the WPO by processing PVGs and providing secretariat where required. This post-holder will help to keep our members informed and compliant, and will provide secretariat to committees across SWF. This role will also support the CEO with diary management and with financial and some HR duties.
Provide administrative support as required to Chief Executive Officer, Operations and Competitions Manager and the Club & Competitions Officers on the planning, preparation and implementation of all key programmes of competition and events including:
- Senior & Youth Cup Competitions
- Senior & Youth League Competitions
- Annual Awards Dinner
- Dealing with SWF inboxes and handling enquiries via telephone – triaging and forwarding where appropriate or signposting to other personnel and ensuring timely responses across the organisation.
- To lead on the processing of club affiliations and keeping appropriate records
- To process player registrations as required and keep appropriate records
- To process friendly requests
- To create and maintain contact databases for all SWF clubs, officials and players
- Support the Chief Executive Officer, SWF Board, Club & Competitions Officer and Strong Quality Growth/Policy Working Group Committees by preparing papers and recording minutes
- To support the Wellbeing & Protection Officer in the administration of PVGs and other safeguarding measures on behalf of SWF including secretariat for the Safeguarding Panel and support at WPO regional network events.
- Provide administrative support to the Finance Director and CEO by managing tasks such as generating sales invoices and recording supplier invoices in QuickBooks to aid accurate financial reporting. In addition processing supplier payments via online banking and supporting review of VAT returns.
- Provide general administrative support including diary management, online filing, office and club insurance and facility booking
- To ensure SWF GDPR compliance
- To help provide some HR administrative support where required
- Improve and implement processes and procedures to improve efficiency
- Any other reasonable duties as delegated from time to time commensurate with salary
Relevant good first degree or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
At least one year’s experience in an administrative role. Sports industry experience is not required but would be beneficial
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
An excellent communicator – both written and oral
- Confident dealing with a range of stakeholders, including members of the public on a day-to-day basis
- Demonstrable experience of financial planning, invoicing and reporting and confidence in dealing with the financial requirements of the organistion
- Ability to manage conflicting demands and prioritise tasks
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with keen attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm and professional under pressure
- Knowledge of GDPR policies and processes
- IT literate including experience in using Word and Excel
- Ability to understand and learn new software and administrative procedures
- Competent with email and the internet
- Dynamic and happy to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- Ownership – of the role and tasks
- Passionate about driving women’s and girls’ football forward
- Eager to improve processes and make a difference
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends on occasion as required
Closing date: 5pm, 29th November
Please apply by sending in your CV and job specific covering letter detailing at least two references and with the term “Administration” in the subject line FAO Aileen Campbell to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high number of anticipated applicants, it will not be possible to get back to everyone to let them know if they will be invited to interview. All successful applicants will be contacted within a week of the closing date.
SWF is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from suitably qualified persons regardless of age, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, pregnancy, maternity or disability.