We are delighted to announce that we are looking to add a Marketing & Commercial Manager to the SWF team, based at Hampden Park in Glasgow. Is this you?
Marketing & Commercial Manager
Scottish Women’s Football is looking for a driven, enthusiastic and organised marketing and commercial manager. For the first time, 10,000 women and girls are registered to play football in Scotland and we need someone to be part of our journey to 20,000. This is an exciting role for someone who loves a fast paced environment, is maybe a bit sports daft and wants to make a real difference to women’s football in Scotland. Excellent communication skills are also essential. Could this be you? We would like you to have a minimum of one year’s experience in a similar role, but if you don’t, but feel that you are the right person for the job, then we’d love to hear from you.
SWF owns and is responsible for the management of the following competitions:
- SWPL1 and 2 – Scottish Women’s Premier League
- SWPL Cup
- SWFL – Scottish Women’s Football League
- SWFL Cup
- Scottish Cup
- Youth Regional League Cups
- Youth Regional Leagues
- Scottish Youth Cups
This is an exciting time for women and girls football. One of the fastest growing sports globally, we now have over 10,000 players registered to play in Scotland in over 350 teams.
The Scottish international team achieved their highest FIFA Women’s World Ranking of 20th recently and are currently ranked 11th in Europe. Glasgow City FC, in the SWPL, reached the Quarter Finals of the UEFA Women’s Champions League in season 2014/2015. The first ever Scottish football club to do so. Scotland now has 2 places in the UEFA Women’s Champions League for the first time.
The National under 17s and under 19s (where the majority of players play for Scottish clubs) have all qualified for the Elite Rounds of their Euro Championship campaigns.
This is a full time position based at Scottish Women’s Football offices in Hampden Park in the South Side of Glasgow. Key responsibilities:
- Create marketing and commercial plans for SWF and competitions
- Planning and execution of relevant campaigns across our competitions
- Identify and manage sponsorship and partner initiatives
- Manage the department’s marketing budget
- Drive social media content and website updates for SWPL and SWF
- Attend relevant cross functional meetings with SWF partners and stakeholders
- Build and maintain contact with clubs, coaches, players and media
- Assist in the organisation of and manage marketing of flagship events such as Scottish Cup Final and end of Season Awards Dinner
- Help provide market research for SWF and partners to aid in marketing and sponsorship plans
- Report monthly to SWF Board members on activity and plans
- BA or MA degree preferred – in a relevant subject
- Strong communication skills; written and oral
- Strong organizational skills; acute attention to detail; a strategic eye for business opportunities
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Understanding of website content management platforms
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms and measurement of effectiveness
- Knowledge of women’s football is preferable but not essential
- Willingness to take initiative and a proactive approach
- Previous experience in the sports business industry is a plus
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com for the attention of Vivienne MacLaren.
Closing date Friday 5th February with interviews planned week commencing 8th February
Salary dependant on experience.